June 17, 2018
Pastor Jeff Struecker
I. Don’t be intimidated
At that time some Pharisees came and told him, “Go, get out of here. Herod wants to kill you.”
II. Don’t get off track
He said to them, “Go tell that fox, ‘Look, I’m driving out demons and performing healings today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will complete my work.’
III. Don’t fear death
Yet it is necessary that I travel today, tomorrow, and the next day, because it is not possible for a prophet to perish outside of Jerusalem.
• I want to live fearlessly. Today, I surrendered my soul to Jesus for the first time.
– I have been living in fear about the future. Today, I’m surrendering my fear to Jesus and trusting him with my future.
+ I will live free from fear this week.
- What does a life lived to the fullest look like to you? Is it possible to live this kind of life if you’re living in fear?
- Read Luke 12:4-7. How can trusting God help you get rid of fear?
- Is it possible to fear and live free at the same time? Explain your answer.
- Have you really conquered your fears if you’ve never really confronted them?
- Explain how someone can overcome the fear of death.
- Be honest. Share with each other the fears that you are facing right now.
- Pray for Jesus to give you freedom over fear this week.