July 22, 2018
Pastor Jeff Struecker
I. Frequently practice sharing your faith
Declare his glory among the nations, his wondrous works among all peoples. 4 For the Lord is great and is highly praised; he is feared above all gods.
II. Expect people to be willing to talk about faith
The seventy-two returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.” 18 He said to them, “I watched Satan fall from heaven like lightning. 19 Look, I have given you the authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy; nothing at all will harm you. 20 However, don’t rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.”
III. Accept that you can’t change a person’s heart
For I will take you from the nations and gather you from all the countries, and will bring you into your own land. 25 I will also sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean. I will cleanse you from all your impurities and all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will remove your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will place my Spirit within you and cause you to follow my statutes and carefully observe my ordinances.
IV. Regularly share what you believe
So I am eager to preach the gospel to you also who are in Rome. 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, first to the Jew, and also to the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith, just as it is written: The righteous will live by faith.
• Today, I recognize my need for eternal life. This morning, I surrendered my soul to Jesus for the first time.
– I have let FEAR prevent me from sharing my faith in the past. I’m praying for God to give me peace as I develop a Gospel friendship this week.
+ I will live free from FEAR this week.
- On a scale of 1-10, how comfortable are you with sharing your faith right now?
- How has Jesus supernaturally changed your heart? Can he do the same for someone you know who is far from God?
- When sharing your faith in Jesus, do your actions matter as much as your words? In your opinion, are your actions more important as the relationship grows deeper? Explain.
- When sharing your faith, are you concerned that someone will ask you a question to which you don’t know the answer?
- When you talk to someone about Jesus, do you expect him or her to be ready to accept the Gospel? Explain why or why not.
- With whom was the last person you felt strongly the Holy Spirit was prompting you to share your faith?
- Pray for Jesus to help you overcome any fear of sharing your faith this week.
The post Reach Deeper: How to Handle Fear When Talking About Jesus appeared first on Calvary Baptist Church.