Matt had an idyllic childhood. But at age 20, his entire life unraveled when his mother tragically passed away from leukemia and his father quickly re-married. Not knowing how to handle the intense pain and fear he had never experienced before, he turned to alcohol, which slowly stole 20 years of his life.
At his lowest point, he came across a Guinness Book of World Records and became fixated on breaking a basketball record. He broke it, but realized that was not enough to fix his life. Then, he found something better, is now sober and has completely turned his life around. He now works with The Life House in Alabama, helping other men get the second chance at life that he needed.
- About his childhood in Greensburg, Indiana full of basketball and cows
- Why he felt like he was completely abandoned at age 20
- Why alcohol developed such a grip on his life that was extremely hard to fight
- How he became obsessed with beating basketball world records and what it was like to actually achieve it
- The #1 thing he says gives you purpose in life and can truly cure the deep pain that addictions can’t
Some days you just need a little pep talk, so I created a motivational video where I share the top lessons I learned when I went through Ranger School. I did it to help motivate you when you’re facing your own challenges and facing adversity. The video is free, and you can get it HERE.
Leave a review of this podcast on your favorite platform; it helps us get these stories out to more people who need to hear them! To give specific feedback directly to us on what you like about the podcast and what you don’t, fill out this 5-minute survey.
Don’t let fear win. Get your FREE copy of the Unbeatable Army Survival Guide HERE.