Every day in the construction industry in America, 5 times as many workers die by suicide than by job-related accidents. Vince Hafeli, President of AJAX Paving Industries in Florida, is doing something about it.
To look at his stellar career, you would think he’s always had his life together. But in 2007, struggling under the weight of personal losses and failures and never talking about it for 20 years, he almost took his life. Now, through his passion and communication skill, he helps industry leaders address mental health and prevent suicides in their companies.
- How he worked his way up to being the President of Ajax
- How he tragically lost his entire family in a very short period of time
- Why construction workers are at high risk for suicide
- What caused Vince to finally seek help and later become a prevention advocate
- The #1 courageous thing he did that can also help you if you’re struggling
National Suicide and Crisis Lifeline: Call 988 –Available 24/7
Some days you just need a little pep talk, so I created a motivational video where I share the top lessons I learned when I went through Ranger School. I did it to help motivate you when you’re facing your own challenges and facing adversity. The video is free, and you can get it HERE.
Leave a review of this podcast on your favorite platform; it helps us get these stories out to more people who need to hear them! To give specific feedback directly to us on what you like about the podcast and what you don’t, fill out this 5-minute survey.
Don’t let fear win. Get your FREE copy of the Unbeatable Army Survival Guide HERE.