When Dr. Ed Newton was growing up, he never dreamed he’d ever have the title “Dr.” In fact, he wasn’t even sure he’d go to college, being told he “wasn’t college material”. As a hearing son of 2 deaf parents, Ed was their mediator to the outside world and defender. He understood what it meant to be an underdog from watching his parents and navigating his own major learning challenges.
As an adult, he spent 13 years with his family on the road traveling to churches around the country as evangelists, and in 2016, he became the lead pastor of the now 15,000-person Community Bible Church in San Antonio, TX.
- Why even his birth was extremely unlikely
- What it was like to be a hearing child of deaf parents with no siblings
- What radically changed the course of his rebellious life when he was a teenager
- What made him become a pastor after traveling for 13 years
- Why he got really mad at God when everything started falling apart as soon as he moved to San Antonio
- How his church quickly paid off a $21 million debt and is a shining light in his city
Learn more about Ed at his HERE.
Learn more about Champion Plaza.
Download his free app – Ed Newton Ministries – from Google Play Store or Apple’s App Store.
Follow Ed on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Some days you just need a little pep talk, so I created a motivational video where I share the top lessons I learned when I went through Ranger School. I did it to help motivate you when you’re facing your own challenges and facing adversity. The video is free, and you can get it HERE.
Leave a review of this podcast on your favorite platform; it helps us get these stories out to more people who need to hear them! To give specific feedback directly to us on what you like about the podcast and what you don’t, fill out this 5-minute survey.
Don’t let fear win. Get your FREE copy of the Unbeatable Army Survival Guide HERE.