When Brittany gave birth to her son, she thought she was healthy … until she had a heart attack immediately afterward. The downhill spiral from there – medically dying of heart failure 6 times, being among 1% of women who need a heart transplant, and diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer within a year after finally receiving her long-awaited transplant – turned into a catalyst for Brittany to accomplish more with her life than she ever thought possible. She earned a master’s and PhD during the most stressful periods of her life, aiming to help others cope with being on the edge of death.
- How the plans Brittany had for starting her family were radically different from reality
- What got her through being confined to Cardiac ICU for 9 months
- What caused her to keep going after she almost gave up on her battle to “hang in there” after waiting almost 3 years for a heart transplant
- What she has learned are the MOST important things in life
- How she got her doctorate while undergoing chemo and radiation for Stage 4 cancer … less than a year after her heart transplant.
- How both Brittany and her 12-year-old son work to help critical illness patients and their families create environments where they can heal.
Some days you just need a little pep talk, so I created a motivational video where I share the top lessons I learned when I went through Ranger School. I did it to help motivate you when you’re facing your own challenges and facing adversity. The video is free, and you can get it HERE.
Leave a review of this podcast on your favorite platform; it helps us get these stories out to more people who need to hear them! To give specific feedback directly to us on what you like about the podcast and what you don’t, fill out this 5-minute survey.
Don’t let fear win. Get your FREE copy of the Unbeatable Army Survival Guide HERE.