Ty Herndon has been singing his entire life. His grandmother had her own radio show, and his mother and aunts had a singing group. His roots were in gospel music and bluegrass, but country music made him famous. He’s been nominated for a Grammy, won a Dove award, and has charted multiple #1 hit singles.
Despite the fame, though, Ty has struggled with personal demons most of his adult life. The spiritual healing he’s found is something he now tries to pay forward, but his music is just one way he does that. His book God or the Gun will be released in late 2024, accompanied by a documentary. His message to listeners: The “quicksand” in your life can turn into a cocoon that launches you into a healthy new life.
- What it was like to be at the Grand Ole Opry at age 17 as a guest of Roy Acuff
- About the highs and lows of his music career
- How COVID almost destroyed Ty in more ways than one… and how he came out stronger on the other side
- How Ty found healing from addictions and a damaged self-image
- How his song “God or the Gun” has touched hundreds of listeners who have endured the pain of a loved one’s suicide.
- Ty’s encouragement to ANYONE struggling right now
**Plus, Ty answers Jeff’s question about how he would spend a free day if he could go anywhere – with no responsibilities at home.
Learn more about Ty on his website
Listen to Ty’s music on Soundboard
Some days you just need a little pep talk, so I created a motivational video where I share the top lessons I learned when I went through Ranger School. I did it to help motivate you when you’re facing your own challenges and facing adversity. The video is free, and you can get it HERE.
Leave a review of this podcast on your favorite platform; it helps us get these stories out to more people who need to hear them! To give specific feedback directly to us on what you like about the podcast and what you don’t, fill out this 5-minute survey.
Don’t let fear win. Get your FREE copy of the Unbeatable Army Survival Guide HERE.