In this special Christmas episode, you’ll hear from a courageous Gold Star Mother. Long before Jill Stephenson’s son, Ben, joined the Army to serve with the 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, she knew it was his destiny. She never worried about his safety, and seeing how proud he was of his service each time he was home convinced her that Ben was right where he was supposed to be.
But in July of 2009, Jill got the call that changed her life forever. Ben had been injured while saving the lives of 6 fellow Rangers in Afghanistan, and he ultimately did not survive. Jill’s courage and strength through that time are truly inspirational, and today, she continues to use her speaking talents to lead and serve other military families that have lost somebody in combat.
- Who inspired Ben and influenced many of his choices.
- Why Ben seemed to sense his 3rd tour would be different … and not in a good way.
- What happened when Jill was 15 which helped prepare her for this extremely difficult moment.
- Who and what gave Jill the strength to move forward.
- How Ben’s gift of organ donation saved the lives of 4 people and enhanced the lives of 60 others.
- The unique honor Ben’s family received at his funeral that is almost unheard of!
**Plus, Jill and Jeff each talk about their favorite Christmas memory.
Learn more about Jill at her website HERE.
Some days you just need a pep talk, so I created a motivational video sharing the top lessons I learned when I went through Ranger School to help motivate you when you’re facing your own challenges and facing adversity. It’s free. Get it HERE.
Leave a review of this podcast on your favorite platform; it helps us get these stories out to more people who need to hear them! To give specific feedback directly to us on what you like about the podcast and what you don’t, fill out this 5-minute survey.Don’t let fear win. Get your FREE copy of the Unbeatable Army Survival Guide HERE.