Derek Dahl went from the brink of bankruptcy to a thriving business “almost” overnight. Okay, it was a 3-year process, but with $126 left in his pocket, he took a leap of faith and placed the future of his company in divine hands. This was the moment that everything turned around for Three Nails Clothing.
If you’ve ever been financially strapped and unsure how to pay the bills, you must hear this episode. Derek describes weeping in the shower after the sheriff came to his door with an eviction notice. Every bit of financial wisdom said Derek should file for bankruptcy. Instead, he did the hard thing of putting his last remaining dollars into giving the business one more try. He went from living on food stamps in his parent’s basement to running a multimillion-dollar company.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- The powerful lesson he learned after 3 concussions and 17 sprained ankles as a collegiate basketball player.
- Why clarity always follows action… not the other way around!
- How he lost his father, was facing bankruptcy, and faced his wife’s life-threatening illness simultaneously.
- How he fought through an identity crisis and came out stronger on the other side.
- Derek’s favorite Christmas family tradition.