This special Thanksgiving Day episode of Unbeatable features Andrew Chalmers. He describes in powerful detail living on the streets after his parents lost all hope that he would be able to conquer his drug addiction. Although he grew up in a loving home, he was introduced to drugs at a young age. His addiction became serious as a teenager and escalated from one pill to a full-blown heroin addiction.
In this raw and vulnerable interview, Andrew describes years of pain that his drug addiction inflicted on the people closest to him. You’ll be on the edge of your seat when you learn about Andrew’s greatest Thanksgiving Day, the moment he “surrendered” his addiction to the only one that could fix his out-of-control life.
- How he turned his broken past into a moment to change the lives of others suffering with all manner of additions
- About the freefall from one pill to a full blown heroin addiction
- The pain his decisions inflected on his parents. His mother recounts these memories in her book, No One Visits the Mother of a Drug Addict
- His moment of his unconditional surrender
- How to respond to a loved one struggling with addiction
Learn more about Andrew’s efforts to clean up the streets by founding “Take the City”