Many people have heard of Black Hawk Down, but not many know what happened “behind the scenes”. My guest, Brad Thomas, was there with me in Somalia, and he inspired one of the proudest moments I ever had leading warriors in combat.
On this Veterans Day episode, he shares his experiences that day and how, despite the terror of Black Hawk Down, he served a total of 8 years in the Ranger Regiment, then 12 years in Delta Force. After 20 years of service, Brad has since focused on music, a passion of his since early childhood. He performs and records regularly with his all-veteran rock band, Silence & Light.
- What got him into music at a young age
- What Brad did on the battlefield that I’ll will carry with me for the rest of my life
- The thought that comforted Brad during the Humvee ride back out to rescue Black Hawk survivors when he felt certain he wouldn’t make it back
- How Brad’s wife inspired him to start a band
- Why his band donates royalties to the charity, Warriors Heart.
**Plus, Brad tells us how he would spend a free day if he could go anywhere – with no responsibilities.
Leave a review of this podcast on your favorite platform; it helps us get these stories out to more people who need to hear them! To give specific feedback directly to us on what you like about the podcast and what you don’t, fill out this 5-minute survey.Don’t let fear win. Get your FREE copy of the Unbeatable Army Survival Guide HERE.