Hilary fell in love with construction at an early age while helping her dad in his contractor business. After a life-changing experience on a mission trip to New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, Hilary was inspired to help people. She enlisted in the military a few years later and became a combat engineer officer, shattering the glass ceiling as the 3rd woman ever to have completed BOTH the US Army Ranger School and the Sapper Leader Course.
● How Hurricane Katrina helped Hilary discover her life’s goal
● Why she thought Ranger School sounded like fun
● The challenges of leading as the only woman in all-male army units.
● Why she likes to approach things “with a little bit of caution”
● 4 pieces of advice Hilary gives anyone who is a trailblazer in their career
**Plus, Jeff and Hilary talk about what it was like to be deprived of both food and sleep for days at a time during Ranger School.
Learn about Hilary’s current position as Senior Associate at the executive search firm on LinkedIn HERE.
Leave a review of this podcast on your favorite platform; it helps us get these stories out to more people who need to hear them! To give specific feedback directly to us on what you like about the podcast and what you don’t, fill out this 5-minute survey.
Don’t let fear win. Get your FREE copy of the Unbeatable Army Survival Guide HERE.