3 years after barely escaping Cambodia’s Killing Fields at age 14, Dr. Lim moved to the US. He had only a 1st grade education, but through the encouragement of teachers and inspiration of Scripture, he graduated with top honors and became the first Cambodian-American dentist in the US. Today, he runs a world class dental practice and has an unstoppable passion for bringing life to the sick and poor in Cambodia.
● How the Khmer Rouge forced him to work in a commune at age 10
● What the Killing Fields were and how he escaped by running through a jungle filled with landmines, bandits, flying bullets, and wild animals
● What gave him a strong desire to specifically want to move to America
● What happened when Dr. Lim’s wife Rachel (who also survived the Killing Fields) suddenly said she wanted to return to Cambodia
● Why “rebuilding people’s faces” brings him so much joy
**Plus, Jeff and Dr. Lim discuss the doctor-patient relationship in dentists’ offices … including stories about Jeff’s own unpleasant experiences with dentists.
Follow Dr. Heng Lim on Facebook HERE.
Learn more about his and Rachel’s ministry Hope for Cambodia HERE.
Order his books My Journey to Paradise and The Ultimate Life: A Return to the “Killing Fields”
Leave a review of this podcast on your favorite platform; it helps us get these stories out to more people who need to hear them! To give specific feedback directly to us on what you like about the podcast and what you don’t, fill out this 5-minute survey.
Don’t let fear win. Get your FREE copy of the Unbeatable Army Survival Guide HERE.