Christopher Prieto is truly at the top of the barbecue world. Born and raised in Texas, he learned how to perfect the science and art of barbecue, going on to appear on Food Network’s Chopped, Destination America’s BBQ Pitmasters, and the Cooking Channel’s Meat Masters, AND write a cookbook with Southern Living Magazine! But, after 5 years of planning a restaurant, the world shut down right before the grand opening. Hear how he navigated that heartbreak and what has led to his passion for serving wounded warriors.
- how he fell in love with barbecue at an early age
- what it was like to be on the professional bbq circuit and compete on some of the biggest stages
- how it felt to open a restaurant at one of the worst times in history for restaurants
- the sudden explosion that helped him connect instantly with wounded veterans
- his secret sauce for what fuels his passion for barbeque and people
**Plus, since Christopher has a love for both soccer AND food, he and Jeff list their top 5 weird food traditions around that world that go hand-in-hand with soccer.
Leave a review of this podcast on your favorite platform; it helps us get these stories out to more people who need to hear them! To give specific feedback directly to us on what you like about the podcast and what you don’t, fill out this 5-minute survey.
Don’t let fear win. Get your FREE copy of the Unbeatable Army Survival Guide HERE