Many of us have never been homeless and don’t really know what it’s like. Marla Bautista found herself homeless at the age of 18, through no fault of her own. Now, she is a successful writer, TedX speaker, and military wife who uses her incredible talent of painting pictures with words to create awareness on what homelessness actually looks, misconceptions, causes, and tangible ways we can really help someone who is homeless.
- Her heartbreaking story of losing both of her parents before her 10th birthday
- A true description of homelessness
- How her military family experiences have shaped and strengthened her
- Why she founded the Bautista Project and its unique, individual-focused approach to ending homelessness
- Her one, key piece of advice for those facing deep life struggles
PLUS, Marla and Jeff share the top 5 mistakes people make with money.
Leave a review of this podcast on your favorite platform; it helps us get these stories out to more people who need to hear them! To give specific feedback directly to us on what you like about the podcast and what you don’t, fill out this 5-minute survey.