Adopting children is challenging and emotional in every situation. When children have special needs and are affected by substance abuse, the challenges multiply. Robbie Seale would describe herself as a regular person, but something she witnessed at age 19 changed her heart and the trajectory of her life so much that she later adopted 4 children with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder.
- What she saw that haunted her and gave her a heart drawn to adoption
- How she and her husband navigated the foster care and adoption system
- Exactly what Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder is and how it impacts many children
- The tense moment when Robbie introduced her children to their birth mom
- Robbie’s expert parenting advice for ANY parent, whether you have adopted children or not
**Plus, since Jeff and Robbie both have a LOT experience with non-profits, they give an inside look at the top 5 challenges of being around or working in a non-profit.
Listen to Robbie’s podcast, FASD Family Life, specifically for families raising children and youth with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder.
She also recommends the book, Trying Differently Rather Than Harder by Diane Malbin.
Don’t forget to leave a review of this podcast on your favorite platform; it helps us get these stories out to more people! To give specific feedback directly to us on what you like about the podcast and what you don’t, fill out this 5-minute survey.
Get your FREE copy of the Unbeatable Army Survival Guide HERE