If you haven’t struggled with an eating disorder yourself, chances are, someone close to you has or is struggling right now. It can be hard to understand and even harder to know what to do about it. Kara is a registered nurse and holistic eating disorder recovery coach who, after trying and giving up several times, finally found the life-changing freedom from the addiction of her own eating disorder she had desperately wanted for over a decade. She’s even written a new book about it called Freed & Fierce!
In this episode, she walks us through:
- her childhood and why she developed a high-achievement mentality
- how her eating disorder developed and what can trigger it in people
- the thoughts and feelings that plague someone with an eating disorder
- what made her seek help (and what didn’t work)
- how she finally won the battle with bulimia and body image issues
- and her advice to those struggling with a similar addiction
Plus, on a lighter note, Jeff gives 5 personal stories about extreme food deprivation while he was in the Army.
**Also, Jeff mentioned in the episode that we’re giving away a FREE e-copy of Kara’s book this week. But, you have to be on our email list to win! Subscribe HERE for a chance to win it!
Please leave a review of this podcast on your favorite platform; it helps us get these stories out to more people! To give specific feedback directly to us on what you like about the podcast and what you don’t, we would love it if you’d fill out this 5-minute survey. Thanks in advance!
Get your FREE copy of the Unbeatable Army Survival Guide, a collection of writings and words of wisdom to keep your mental, emotional, and spiritual health in tact. It was written for warriors facing combat, but it applies to anyone facing life’s greatest challenges.