9/11 fundamentally changed America. Soon after, wanting to defend his country, New Yorker Michael Carrasquillo (CQ) signed up for the Army as a teenager. During one of his combat deployments, he was severely wounded from the impact of 5 bullets. His life was spared, but the road to recovery was long and difficult. Today, Michael serves as a mentor to veterans, helping them through PTSD.
- About his early life in Spanish Harlem and what made him choose the Army
- How he quickly went from newbie to a skilled leader in the Army
- What it was like on September 9, 2005, when he almost died in Afghanistan while helping another injured soldier
- The #1 thing that got him out of severe depression, isolation, and dark thoughts during his recovery
- How he now helps other wounded veterans find hope
PLUS, Michael has a message specifically for you if you are struggling with PTSD.
Catch CQ’s weekly show, Pop Culture Warrior and connect with him here: https://linktr.ee/popculturewarrior
Don’t forget to leave a review of this podcast on your favorite platform! It helps us get these stories out to more people.
Get your FREE copy of the Unbeatable Army Survival Guide, a collection of writings and words of wisdom to keep your mental, emotional, and spiritual health in tact. It was written for warriors facing combat, but it applies to anyone facing life’s greatest challenges.