Life on the road in the entertainment industry might sound glamorous, but often, there are parts of it that are an absolute nightmare. This week’s guest, musician and former tour manager for Larry the Cable Guy, Jeremy McComb, had an unusual childhood and in his 20s, found himself battling depression and various addictions. They nearly destroyed his life, but Jeremy didn’t stay there. He decided to fight it. Now, his career and personal life are better than ever. In this episode, we talk about what changed and how he became unbeatable.
- About Jeremy’s early life in the mountains of Idaho, the son of professional musicians
- How he stumbled into being a tour manager on the Blue Collar Comedy Tour
- What addiction was like and how it affected everything around him
- What the turning point was that made him wake up and work to beat addiction
- The 2 things that have kept him on track and ultimately changed his life
For fun, since we both have experience with grappling (man-to-man fighting), we also give the top lessons we’ve learned from mistakes made on the grappling mat.
Check out more info about Jeremy and his upcoming tour at jeremymccomb.com.
Don’t forget to leave a review and share, so more people can hear more amazing stories!