Retired Secret Service Agent Ken Valentine worked for a decade on the Presidential Protective Detail spanning 3 presidencies. The Secret Service is not supposed to get a lot of attention, so most people don’t think about what kind of specialized skills they have to have, how much danger they are constantly in, or the toll it can take on their families.
In this episode, Ken gives us an inside view of what it’s like, and talks about the life-saving work he is now doing with The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC).
- Which Presidents he served under and how he got there
- Why every assignment in the Secret Service is so dangerous
- How he kept his family intact and thriving through an intense and often-changing travel schedule
- How he got started with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and what they do
- What he means by ‘cheating death’ in his new book, Cheating Death: Three-Time Presidential Secret Service Agent Lives to Tell You How
Leave a review of this podcast on your favorite platform; it helps us get these stories out to more people who need to hear them!
To give specific feedback directly to us on what you like about the podcast and what you don’t, fill out this 5-minute survey.
Don’t let fear win. Get your FREE copy of the Unbeatable Army Survival Guide HERE.