October 7, 2018
One Race – Revelation 7:9-10
Pastor Jeff Struecker
9 After this I looked, and there was a vast multitude from every nation, tribe, people, and language, which no one could number, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were clothed in white robes with palm branches in their hands. 10 And they cried out in a loud voice: Salvation belongs to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb!
The love of Jesus compels us to…
I. Confront our fears
II. Move beyond our hurts
III. Learn to love other cultures
• I need the love of Jesus. Today, I surrendered my soul to Jesus for the first time.
– I have let fear or pain hold me back from developing relationships across cultural lines. With God’s help, today I will put those things behind me.
+ I will start a gospel friendship with someone of a different culture.
- Is it wrong to have personal preferences? How can your preferences hurt someone else? How can they bless someone else?
- If you have you been discriminated against in the past, have you found healing for the hurt of that event? If so, what helped you get over it?
- What language do you think you will speak in Heaven?
- Why doesn’t God make everyone the same culture in Heaven?
- Do you have to reject your culture and heritage in order to become a Christian?
- Can a “one-culture” church accurately represent the Gospel to a “multi-cultural” community? Explain your answer.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to help us develop Gospel friendships today.