August 12, 2018
Pastor Jeff Struecker
I. God created one race
Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness. They will rule the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, the livestock, the whole earth, and the creatures that crawl on the earth.”27 So God created man in his own image; he created him in the image of God; he created them male and female.
II. God established many cultures
The whole earth had the same language and vocabulary. 2 As people migrated from the east, they found a valley in the land of Shinar and settled there. 3 They said to each other, “Come, let us make oven-fired bricks.” (They used brick for stone and asphalt for mortar.) 4 And they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city and a tower with its top in the sky. Let us make a name for ourselves; otherwise, we will be scattered throughout the earth.” 5 Then the Lord came down to look over the city and the tower that the humans were building. 6 The Lord said, “If they have begun to do this as one people all having the same language, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let’s go down there and confuse their language so that they will not understand one another’s speech.” 8 So from there the Lord scattered them throughout the earth, and they stopped building the city. 9 Therefore it is called Babylon, for there the Lord confused the language of the whole earth, and from there the Lord scattered them throughout the earth.
III. God has recreated one race in Christ
Praise the Lord, all nations! Glorify him, all peoples! 2 For his faithful love to us is great; the Lord’s faithfulness endures forever. Hallelujah!
• I want to become a child of God. Today, I surrendered my soul to Jesus for the first time.
– I have been struggling with the cultural differences in our community. I need the Holy Spirit to open my heart to people who look different and think differently from me.
+ I will pray for racial unity in my church this week.
- Why do you think Genesis 1:27 stresses the fact that God created them “male and female”?
- Is there a culture or nationality that God doesn’t want to worship him? Explain your answer using Scripture.
- Have you been the victim of racial prejudice in the past?
- Does God erase cultural differences when people become Christians?
- In your opinion, what is the root of racial difficulties in Jesus’s church?
- How can our church better engage people from other cultures who don’t know about Jesus?
- Pray for Calvary to be a church that treats all people as equals in Christ.
The post One Race – For the Glory of God appeared first on Calvary Baptist Church.