November 4, 2018
Pastor Jeff Struecker
“Therefore, from among the men who have accompanied us during the whole time the Lord Jesus went in and out among us—22 beginning from the baptism of John until the day he was taken up from us—from among these, it is necessary that one become a witness with us of his resurrection.” 23 So they proposed two: Joseph, called Barsabbas, who was also known as Justus, and Matthias. 24 Then they prayed, “You, Lord, know everyone’s hearts; show which of these two you have chosen 25 to take the place in this apostolic ministry that Judas left to go where he belongs.” 26 Then they cast lots for them, and the lot fell to Matthias and he was added to the eleven apostles.
I. Church is a team sport
II. The team works as a unit
III. Every member is important
• Today, I learned that I don’t serve other people to make Jesus love me. I serve others because he already loves me.
– I’d like to find a place where I can serve in this church.
+ I’ll personally thank one of the volunteers who serves me at this church this week.
- What is the nicest thing that anyone has ever done for you?
- Some people work really hard at church because they think it will make God love them more. What is wrong with this kind of thinking?
- When you love someone, you want to do something to show it. How does serving Jesus’ church show him that you love him?
- Read Psalm 2:11. What does it look like in our church to “serve the Lord with holy fear”?
- What ministry has the biggest need at Calvary? What ministry has the most urgent need in our church?
- What is a practical way you can show your appreciation to those who serve you at Calvary?
- Pray that God would bless those who serve others in our church.
The post Acts 1:21-26 appeared first on Calvary Baptist Church.