October 14, 2018
Pastor Jeff Struecker
I wrote the first narrative, Theophilus, about all that Jesus began to do and teach until the day he was taken up, after he had given instructions through the Holy Spirit to the apostles he had chosen. After he had suffered, he also presented himself alive to them by many convincing proofs, appearing to them over a period of forty days and speaking about the kingdom of God.
I. You can’t out-reach the power of the Holy Spirit
II. You can’t out-reach someone’s need for Jesus
III. You can’t out-reach the love of God
• Today, the Holy Spirit reached me with the need for Jesus. I surrendered my soul to him for the first time.
– I have lost hope that someone I know will become a Christian. Pray for me to re-engage them with the Gospel soon.
+ I don’t currently have a gospel friendship. Pray for me to develop one this month.
- Who have you prayed longest and hardest for Jesus to save?
- How far did someone need to go to reach you with the Gospel?
- Do you know someone who lives like they don’t need Jesus? What do you think is the best way to reach someone who doesn’t feel the need for Jesus?
- What is the single greatest display of the Holy Spirit’s power you’ve ever witnessed?
- Do you think the Holy Spirit still works today like He did in the book of Acts? (Explain your answer.)
- Do you think Jesus’s church is as powerful today as it was in Acts? (Explain.)
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to move in your life with power like in the book of Acts.
The post Acts 1:1-3 appeared first on Calvary Baptist Church.