March 10, 2019
Pastor Jeff Struecker
I. Expect _haters_
Then the high priest rose up. He and all who were with him, who belonged to the party of the Sadducees, were filled with jealousy. 18 So they arrested the apostles and put them in the public jail.
II. Let Jesus be you defense
But an angel of the Lord opened the doors of the jail during the night, brought them out, and said, 20 “Go and stand in the temple, and tell the people all about this life.
III. Don’t give in to fear
Hearing this, they entered the temple at daybreak and began to teach.
A Next Steps
- We believe that the Word of God demands a response. What is your response as you’ve heard the Word of God today?
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
- What is the worst criticism that you’ve ever experienced?
- How can expecting negative criticism soften the blow when it happens?
- Read James 4:1-3. Why do some people criticize everyone and everything?
- How do you discipline your speech so you don’t fall into the habit of negative criticism?
- What is the relationship between a critical spirit and our relationship with God? Be specific.
- How can you encourage someone who is being attacked by critics this week?
- Pray for those in our church who are being attacked by a critical spirit.