December 2, 2018
Purest Expression of the Body of Christ
Steven Thomas grew up at Calvary after leaving India due to persecution as a young child. He attended church and school here until 2012. He has since graduated from Liberty University and works there full time in the Office of Spiritual Development.
I. When grace came people were saved
41 So those who accepted his message were baptized, and that day about three thousand people were added to them.
II. We need to fall in love with Jesus
42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread, and to prayer. 43 Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and signs were being performed through the apostles.
III. The Holy Spirit unites Us
44 Now all the believers were together and held all things in common. 45 They sold their possessions and property and distributed the proceeds to all, as any had need.
IV. Find fellowship with other believers
46 Every day they devoted themselves to meeting together in the temple, and broke bread from house to house. They ate their food with joyful and sincere hearts,
V. God grows His family
47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. Every day the Lord added to their number those who were being saved.
• I need to be saved. Today, I surrendered my soul to Jesus for the first time.
– I’ve been struggling with another Christian friend. Pray for us to develop unity this week.
+ I’d like to get connected with other Christians. Please contact me about finding a LifeGroup.
- How does the Holy Spirit make unity possible among believers?
- In your own words, describe real Christian unity. (What is it? What isn’t it?)
- What is the problem with a consumer approach to church? (Be specific.)
- How are your closest friendships? What role does faith play in these friendships?
- Read Ex 32:28. How does this passage compare to Acts 2:41? What is different between the two?
- How does unity among two Christians bring honor to Jesus? (Be specific.)
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to have more control over your relationships this week.